Friday 26 September 2014

week 3

During the third week of this class we began leaning about conjunction. disjunction, negations and implifications. I am beginning to get even more interested in the relation between mathematical expressions and sentence expressions in english (perhaps because my other major is linguistics). I really enjoy translating between the two and think it  will become a good strength of mine in this class. Also this week we did a paper folding problem which i thought was pretty interesting. I enjoyed how concepts being learned in class were connected with a more visual way of thinking. This aided me a lot in understanding the concepts this week.
Another thing that really helps me are the venn diagrams. I think they actually aid with my understanding of the material and when I can really get a good grasp on if I am understanding the material when venn diagrams are used.
Overall I think I am on track with the course but it is clear I do need to study the concepts on my own free time a bit more. Connecting the ideas to visual and lingustic ideas do help me a lot and I think they would prove to be even more helpful if I try to incorporate these ways of studying into my weekly routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment